The NRAS Blog

Tuesday 9 August 2011

Busy Spring For NRAS Volunteer Network and Clare!

Busy spring! My feet haven’t touched the ground lately with so much going on it is sometimes hard to remember where I am and even who I am! I thought you might like to hear of all the places I’ve been to in these first three months of 2011 and what we plans we have for the rest of the year.

So far I’ve been to Lincoln, Leicester, Maidstone, Salisbury and Warwick to discuss with rheumatology units the setting up of NRAS groups, I’ve visited the Surrey, Uxbridge and Bolton NRAS group meetings and launched the Taunton and St Helens new NRAS groups; attended fundraising events at Tunbridge Wells, Solihull and Weston Super Mare; participated in patient events in Cookham and Poole as well as a JIA event in Birmingham; ran two seminars in Manchester at the Royal College of Nursing Rheumatology conference; recorded and filmed a Podcast for the WorkWise section for our website and to round it off a meeting at the Kings Fund offices in London to discuss standards of patient information. Not bad for 3 short months!

The rest of 2011 is shaping up to be just as busy. The reason I wanted to let you know this is to share with you just how much NRAS is doing on your behalf and everyone here at Maidenhead are working at similar manic levels to ensure the voice of people living with RA is most definitely heard throughout the land. If you want to find out more about how you can be involved in the work of NRAS drop me an email:

volunteers@nras.org.uk

Here’s to a fantastic 10th year!

No comments: