The NRAS Blog

Friday 16 March 2012

Sam’s farewell........



I am very sad to say that this will be my last blog as I am leaving NRAS at the end of March.
Although I have only been here 6 months, I have learned a tremendous amount not only educationally but how a charity as a whole, works. 
I have been very fortunate to work with the wonderful fundraising department and the incredibly dedicated Helpline team.  The amount of work that goes into each fundraising event and each helpline telephone call is eye opening to say the least.
I have also seen the amount of work involved in the ongoing research and the campaigning into the awareness this awful disease.  
On a lighter note (or not!), one thing I won’t miss is the constant temptation of goodies laid out for everyone to dive into.  This has been blogged about before and believe me, it is all true right down to the ever growing waistline!  I am tucking into a piece of lemon cake as we speak but only to give me inspiration for my very rusty writing skills!  I am moving on to a company in the centre of Windsor which means I will be able to walk to and from work and looking forward to seeing the tyres disappear from my middle! 
I will miss talking to our members, some of whom I have got to know quite well now but most of all, I will miss everyone here at NRAS as each and every one of them is amazing but I am hoping we will meet up again very soon for a knees up here and there and of course I will be keeping tabs on them on Facebook and see what they are getting up to.
I wish NRAS and its wonderful members all the very best for the future and thank you for a fabulous time here.

Sam Beaton
NRAS Administrator

No comments: