The NRAS Blog

Friday 16 November 2012

'All my Christmases have come at once!' by Tammy Mallowan



Hi, my name is Tammy and I am one of the newest members of the NRAS Team. I have been here for three months now. I am the first point of contact for many people as I answer the phones and try to point people in the right direction, although I sometimes need pointers myself, as there is still a lot to learn. My role as an Administrator is to give help and support day-to-day to the Fundraising team although I also print reports and send out information to people phoning in.

Back in September I started receiving Christmas Card orders, which I send out every day. We’ve received so many orders that we are selling out completely on some stock! Soon I will be starting to process tickets for our Christmas Concert early next month, so hope to see many of you there and all your families and friends.

I am enjoying working here as everyone is so nice and lovely. I especially enjoyed our Panto last month and laughed so much that my cheeks hurts and I rediscovered stomach muscles that I thought I had lost. I must admit I love comedy but nothing prepared me for that Saturday night when I saw my colleagues dressed as the characters in Cinderella. I was more than impressed with the quality and standard of my colleagues acting, (honest), who put a lot of effort in to win some money for our charity. I suggested that they could even try to perform in every local theatre to raise money but I understand that time and other commitments might not permit that.

I was involved in the catering at our 1st Members Day, which proved to be a total success, and it made us all very proud. I also witnessed the 11th year anniversary of our little charity that has a big heart and last week we had another cause to celebrate when we hit four thousand members. It certainly feels as if all my Christmases have come at once.

Tammy Mallowan
Office Administrator

No comments: