The NRAS Blog

Thursday 27 May 2010

Charlotte's Role at NRAS

Hi Everyone,

I’m Charlotte, the Administrative Assistant here at NRAS – if you have ever phoned us, it may well have been me who answered the phone and spoke to you!

I joined NRAS in May 2009 and since then have enjoyed a very interesting learning curve, as I didn’t know much about RA before working here. I have, however, been lucky enough to attend various events and meetings, one of which was a parliamentary event held last year that focused on the hospital team involved in treating and caring for people with RA. We had OTs, patients, and rheumatologists speaking as well as some of our members with their local MPs; a really good event!

In my role here I tend to do a bit of everything and help out where ever needed! I often assist the Fundraising department with the donations that they receive on a daily basis, and I have to say that I am blown away by the generosity, compassion and guts that our supporters show! We have people shaving their heads to raise funds, throwing themselves out of aeroplanes, walking The Great Wall of China and climbing to Everest Base Camp to name just a few! I admire anyone who undertakes such a challenge - it is thanks to all our hard working supporters that we have funds to do what NRAS sets out to do; ‘provide a better life for people affected by rheumatoid arthritis’.

Best Wishes

Charlotte

No comments: