The NRAS Blog

Friday 22 March 2013

'Farewell Blog' from Sarah Kate



Hi all

I’m afraid to say this is the very last blog I’ll be writing as part of the NRAS team as today is my last day here on the helpline. It’s been an absolute pleasure to work here and speak to so many of you on the phone but life and love are moving me in other directions.

Since starting (for the second time!) with NRAS I have been involved in all sort of things from fun, cake-fuelled fundraising events to educational training sessions and helping out at group launches. I have learnt an awful lot from my colleagues here on the helpline team and been involved in reviewing and updating the information we produce as well as writing short pieces for the NRAS magazine and, most recently, conducting a piece of research into the use of social media with Ruth our Digital Media Coordinator. But, most importantly, I have tried my best to answer all manner of questions from you guys on the phone, by email and from the Health Unlocked community.

I will leave with one of my favourite memories of NRAS being the 10k run last year. Unfortunately the scheduled event was cancelled due to bad weather but this wasn’t enough to deter the team of (mostly coerced!) runners from NRAS. So, dressed in our very fetching ‘Village People’ themed outfits (complete with false moustaches) we ran a long, hot 8 laps around the business park, much to the amusement of the on-looking offices, and raised over £300 for NRAS!

I will miss everyone here but I will be excited to watch the progress of NRAS from afar as they expand further and get involved in yet more projects, including hopefully providing a service for those with juvenile forms of arthritis in the near future.

I hope you all have a lovely Easter.

Kind regards

Sarah Kate
NRAS Helpline Co-ordinator

No comments: