The NRAS Blog

Friday 20 August 2010

Welcome Emma P!

Hello

Just a quick intro about me - I’m Emma P, I have recently replaced Paul and work with Clare on the Volunteer Network, it’s still early days and I’m still finding my feet however settling in extremely well and slowly but surely learning more about our 38 NRAS groups as the weeks go by.

NRAS is a fantastic organisation and I feel honoured to be working with a charity that offers so much help to people who are affected by RA, a disease close to my heart as my mum was diagnosed 4 years ago.

Since I started working for NRAS I have attended the Bournemouth Group Launch on my 2nd day (words like Deep & End spring to mind!!), overwhelming to say the least, however the attendance was fantastic and a big eye opener to see first hand how important and beneficial these groups are for people living with RA. Clare had a successful Blackpool launch in July and thank you to all those who attended. We are currently setting up another group in the Lewisham area of London, working closely with the Rheumatology teams at Kings College & Lewisham Hospital, with the launch due in November – date to be confirmed. If anyone is interested in attending please contact me on 0845 458 3969. 

We are also organising the Co-ordinators two day training course on the 14th & 15th September, very informative for all those new Co-ordinators who have recently joined us and would like to know more about NRAS, and also give me an opportunity to meet everyone. Clare is busy working on two more group launches in Chertsey on the 16th Sept and Stoke Manderville on the 21st Sept, please contact us if you would like further information or wish to attend.

Enjoy the sunshine while it lasts, and I hope to speak with you soon.

Best wishes

Emma P

No comments: