The NRAS Blog

Friday 17 February 2012

Why did I move to the top of a hill?


In less than 2 weeks, I will have been with NRAS a full year and what a year it has been; I have moved house, twice; I had my first Christmas away from home; I brought a modern car with power steering and other modern gadgets (not like me); and ventured further North than I have ever been in the UK. Quite some milestones, but nothing as scary or as daunting than signing up for the Brighton Marathon on the 15th April!

Marathon, oh dear, that’s going to be tough. Well training, it’s been going ok, I’ve hit 1/5 of the distance, not bad you may think, but hang on; it’s in less than 2 months away!! Somehow I managed to rope my Dad, 2 of his employees and my friend into running too, excellent I won’t be alone, at the back of the grid. Hopefully you will have guessed that I am doing this in aid of NRAS, if you would like to sponsor us and help us stay motivated then please go to http://www.justgiving.com/rowledge4rheumatoid. Thank you.

So the hill, well I moved house last Saturday and I thought, let’s celebrate with a run and some training. Downhill was fine and easy, excellent I thought, I’ve made the right choice, until I was heading back home and I came across that hill, my last piece of track to get me to my door. All I can say, is it is pretty much near vertical. What have I done?

Please show me your support with a comment below or if you can, a donation to the above link. All of your thoughts and best wishes will spur me on to sprint the last 0.2 miles of the 26.2miles!!

If you want to keep up-to-date with my progress I am now on twitter you can follow me here: https://twitter.com/#!/Oliver_NRAS

Thank you,

Oliver
Trust and Grants Fundraiser
NRAS

No comments: